Friday, January 7, 2011

Forex Profit Monster Results - December 2010 and Yearly Results for 2010




Even though I may be a week late by the time I got around to writing this post, let me wish you a Happy New Year!

The end of a year always provides the opportunity to look back over the past year (and sometimes even further) to evaluate things... and that's what I've been doing recently with my trading with FPM.

First conceived and developed by me in 2006 and first traded live in 2007, this system is now heading into its 5th year as my primary trading system. You can see from the graph above that I've had a lot of success with FPM since the start... and if you'd like you can read about my month to month experience and results by going back to the beginning of this blog which I started in January 2008, just a few months after I began trading with FPM. There are very few trading systems available with this type of transparency... no curve fit back tests... no "look at this one trade" screen shots... just my personal month to month results (winning and losing) for anyone to see and decide if they want to use FPM in their own trading.

The end of a year is also a very telling time for a trading system as yearly results are the industry standard for judging trading systems and money management firms. Monthly results are nice to follow, but with the changes in price cycles and trends anyone can get lucky for a month (or even a few months). There just isn't enough data in the few trades generated in a single month to give you a good idea of overall performance. However in 2010 I passed some milestones with FPM... not only did I surpass the industry benchmark of a full 3 year track record, but also surpassed 1,000 trades with FPM last year. (While 1,000 trades may not be a huge sample, remember this is LIVE FORWARD TRADING... not back testing. There's a world of difference between the two, and live forward trading trumps any kind of back testing... no matter how much data you use or how many trades you back test!) The report card for 2010 is in... and even though it wasn't my best year of trading with FPM... it was still a very profitable year! I'll get to those results for the year just after the December 2010 results:

32 trades
13 wins: 2,076 pips

19 losses: 1,489 pips
Total: +587 pips


40 % win rate

Avg win: 159 pips
Avg loss: 78 pips
Avg Risk/Reward: 2 to 1

Here are the results for December 2010 by currency pair:

USD/CHF 2 W, 0 L +493

AUD/USD 4 W, 1 L +337

GBP/JPY 1 W, 2 L +318

GBP/USD 1 W, 1 L +102
EUR/JPY 2 W, 1 L +97

USD/CAD 1 W, 3 L +57
USD/JPY 1 W, 5 L (-113)

EUR/USD 1 W, 6 L (-698)

Here are the results for the year 2010:

January: +823

February: +669
March: +434
April: (-446)
May: +4,597
June (-1,870)
July (-185)
August +903
September (-1,737)
October +1,717
November +901
December +587

The win rate of months for the year 2010 was 66%

8 winning months for 10,631 pips
4 losing months for 4,238 pips

Total pips won: +6,393
Average: +532 pips per month


Here's a graph of yearly performance from 2007 to the end of 2010:


These results translated into a 37% increase in my account in 2010.

What will happen in 2011? No one knows... but I'm confident that after the results I've had with Forex Profit Monster over the past 4 years that if I follow the trading plan and manage my money properly (as instructed with the information that comes with FPM), I will continue to add to my profits in 2011 and beyond!

For more information about Forex Profit Monster (or my day trading system Forex Day Monster), visit the website at www.forexprofitmonster.com. To purchase, click on the "Purchase" tab in the menu at the top of the website, or visit my eBay page at http://myworld.ebay.com/jimsgr8stuff4less/.

Thanks for reading and all the best to you, your family and friends in 2011!

Jim
www.forexprofitmonster.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/jimsgr8stuff4less/

No comments:

Post a Comment