Sunday, January 6, 2013

December 2012 Results & 2012 Year End Results for Forex Profit Monster



It's the start of a new year, that means it's time for my end of the year results post for Forex Profit Monster.  As you can see from the equity graph above it was another profitable year!  But before I break down the results for the year, I need to post the results for the month of December.  And before I do that, I'd like to take some time to reflect back on my trading in 2012.

This past year was the 6th year in a row that I've seen a profitable year trading with Forex Profit Monster.  The system that I designed and coded back in 2006-2007 has performed very well heading into its 7th year by showing me about 65,000 pips of profit overall. It's been grinding out nice profits during most months/years and also capitalized on the chaos that was 2008, netting me about a 300% profit for that year while most people were losing.  While I've enjoyed the success I've had with Forex Profit Monster, I've also continued to grow as a trader.  If you've followed this blog at all (or at least read some of the early posts) you've seen some of that growth... from the time frames I've traded to my metamorphosis to being a trend follower exclusively (I only trend follow now, I don't trade ranges or other mean reversion strategies anymore).

In the past few years I've watched my account grow in value to the point where it's almost time for me to take trading to the next level... by diversifying and trading more than just the Forex market.  The next logical step for me as a trend follower is to move into the Futures markets... trading commodities and other futures contracts.  To prepare for this I entered into a mentoring program in 2012 with one of the top commodity traders in the United States.  I won't mention his name as I haven't cleared doing so with him, but if you've been trading for any amount of time you would probably recognize him from his market related media appearances and his book written in 2011.  I've learned a lot from this trader, and continue to do so.  In fact, things have gone so well I will be working as an assistant to him in 2013 which will allow me to learn even more about trading futures as well as the trading business in general.  I have a lot to be grateful and thankful for as I look back at 2012, and am even more excited about 2013 and beyond!

On to results... here's what happened with my trading with Forex Profit Monster in December...

December was a great follow-up to November as I saw not only some nice winning trades during the month, but also some gains from trades that opened in November that closed out during December.  Once again the trends were nice and smooth on many pairs which kept the number of trades down and the profits up.  It was a rare month in that I had a 68% win rate... you don't see many months like that in a trend following system where the average win rate is usually more in the 30-35% range.  However the average risk/reward ratio was also lower... 1.74 to 1 instead of the 3 to 1  or 4 to 1 ratio where it usually is during winning months.  I had a profit of 657 pips in December, and here's how the rest of the monthly results played out:

19 trades total
13 wins:  892 pips
 6 losses: 235 pips

Total: +657 pips

68% win rate
Avg win:  68 pips
Avg loss:  39 pips
Avg risk/reward ratio:  1.74 to 1

Here are the results by currency pair:

EUR/USD  2W, 0L  +352
GBP/USD  3W, 1L  +166
USD/CHF  2W, 1L  +158
USD/CAD  2W, 1L   +38
AUD/USD  1W, 1L   +19
GBP/JPY    1W, 0L   +15
EUR/JPY    1W, 1L  (-41)
USD/JPY   1W, 1L  (-50)

Since it's the end of the year, that means it's the end of the 4th Quarter.  With October's 220 pip loss and the gain of 657 pips in both November and December, I showed a profit of 1,094 pips in the 4th quarter.  Here's the updated equity graph:




And here are the final results for 2012:


January: +891
February: +206
March: +1,667
April: (-293)
May:  +1,640
June:  +2,209
July:  (-343)
August: (-699)
September +1,103
October (-220)
November +657
December +657

That's a total of 7,475 pips, or an average of 622 pips per month.

There were 8 winning months in 2012 with 9,030 pips gained, and 4 losing months with 1,555 pips lost.  That gives me a monthly win rate of 66.6%, an average win of 1,128 pips, and an average loss of 388 pips, which calculates to an average risk/reward ratio of  2.9 to 1.

For more information regarding purchasing Forex Profit Monster (or my day trading system Forex Day Monster), please visit the website at www.forexprofitmonster.com or my eBay page at http://myworld.ebay.com/jimsgr8stuff4less where I list one or two items per week at a discount.

Best of luck in your trading...

Jim
www.forexprofitmonster.com




No comments:

Post a Comment