Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Official 2015 Year End Results

Every once in awhile I receive a comment/email asking me whether or not I'm still trading, since I obviously am not updating this blog on a regular basis anymore.  The answer is yes... I am still trading and in fact it's what I love to do and I don't see myself ever stopping.

However I also enjoy writing about trading and helping people who are trying to learn to trade/invest for themselves.  I've gained A LOT of experience over the past decade since designing the original "Forex Profit Monster" trading system... and I feel like I have a lot to "give back".  One of my goals for 2016 is to become more active in writing on this blog again... not just about my own trading but offering my insight/advice about trading in general that may help those who are trying to learn... either from a beginning stage or just trying to move to a new level in their trading.  In fact, if you have any questions regarding trading that I might be able to help you with feel free to drop me an email to the Gmail account associated with this blog.  It's simply "forexprofitmonster" at Gmail.  (Written that way to cut down on the amount of spam received).  Not only will I try to answer your email but it may provide the inspiration for a post here on the blog.

Some of the people who contact me also want to know what happened to my website that was attached to this blog (forexprofitmonster.com). The answer quite honestly is there wasn't much use for it anymore and so I shut it down.  I decided at the beginning of last year to stop selling Forex Profit Monster, not because it's not still a quality system or that I don't use it anymore, but because interest in it had waned to the point where it wasn't worth my time to continue to offer it.  It seems people who trade are only interested in the "newest, hottest thing" and FPM was almost 10 years old and therefore didn't fit that category anymore... even though it was working as good as ever.  So I pulled the plug on not only the website but selling it on eBay.  So if you're one of the people who contacted me wanting to buy FPM my apologies but I don't check on this blog enough and may not have gotten your message for weeks or months after it was sent.

The good news is if you're still looking for a profitable system that can be traded in just a few minutes a day I may, for a VERY short period of time, offer a new system that I've been trading for the past couple of years.  More on that to come.  If interested you can let me know through the above email address and I'll contact you when I decide to make it available.

On to the main reason for this post... the results from 2015.  I'm going to make this short and sweet... I followed up 2014's 55% return with a 24.22% return for 2015.  I think this a pretty big accomplishment considering I didn't really trade that much in Forex in 2015.  Most of that 24.22% was from trades opened in 2014 that I continued to manage all the way through 2015!  Add to that the fact that I started out the year by taking a hit of (-22%) on the Swiss National Bank devaluation... and finishing up by more than 24% on the year is something I'm very happy with.

So far to start 2016 I'm also happy to say I've seen some nice moves in the U.S. Dollar that already has me ahead by 4.1% in just the first 7 trading days of the year.  (And this is just in the part of my portfolio that I track for these results... I've actually seen double digit increases across all accounts/sectors!)

So that's it for the 2015 results for the section of my portfolio that I manage with FPM... and here's to posting more often in 2016!

Happy New Year to all and best of luck in your trading in 2016...

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment